Thursday, September 19, 2019

Pseudo Scientific Fishing

After that epic day with the palmered fly, I thought I'd see what else was going on. The next night I fished the same reefs.

The small blue fly was first.




Took a fish immediately.
 Then I re-tied and put on the craft fur one directly below the blue one. I hooked up immediately on a big strong fish and fought it for 5 minutes but it got off. After that, it got hit over and over but not taken, so I switched again to the big pink one. That took a fish immediately too:


 After catching that fish, I tied on a fourth fly: the chartreuse one. Now it was getting dark. And not a single touch.

The next night I decided to try the craft fur (2nd of four from top) again. Same seam where I found the big fish the previous night. Sure enough I hooked up immediately. 21" fish. Biggest yet this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment