Tuesday, September 17, 2019

False Reasoning, Fine Fishing

I tied a new fly a few days ago on a 2/0 O'Shaughnessy:



The chartreuse and blue one. I decided to palmer a hackle. Not common on saltwater flies.
 


Well, then I fished it and wham! But I really don't think that's why I caught a lot of fish (I lost count maybe 8?). I think there were simply a lot of fish! Furthermore the striped bass appeared to be feeding on a school of tiny bluefish. The blues also took the fly--caught two of them. They were schooled and jumped in unison like baitfish.

Great day of fishing. But the previous night I caught nothing at 2 AM with this fly even though I heard and saw big striped bass sucking bait down right under me at a bridge. Therefore I know the fly is good, but I may have caught just as many on another pattern. Who knows!
Two of them ended up measuring 18". Not 20 as I was sort of wondering out loud in my video clip.







No comments:

Post a Comment