Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Three Trout in a Pleasant Lunch Break




A brief fishing break is always nice. When the pool is 1 mile away.













These first two fish came out from around the downed tree, on the downstream side. There have been a lot of fish schooling around that trunk ever since they were stocked.






Here's the tree:
 

This last one was caught in the tail of the riffle upstream of the downed tree. As you can see, I switched to a spinner to get this one. I caught another that I lost before I could net it--but on the jig I tied--see below.





Here's the riffle:



The stoneflies have been hatching.

























Here is the jig compared to the fly it was based on. It all started with the fully palmered variation of the bibio that I tied late last fall.



No comments:

Post a Comment