Wednesday, October 30, 2019

The One Fly

If I were to have only one fly in my box, I think it would be my little black one. It works so many ways. And catches wild fish and stocked fish. It works in the Winter, the Fall, all year round. IT works on the surface, in the film, underwater. It works dead drifting at all depths, with or without weight, it works twitched. IT works skated, or as a little baitfish. It is very effective swung down and across as a classic wet fly.

I am afraid it is stifling my tying though because it is too easy!

Yesterday it found a hefty stocked rainbow. It found two more smaller trout as well--one was a brook trout. But those smaller fish got away.

I've tyed it from size 6 through 16. This one is a #12:


On the previous weekend, we went to a TMA and caught a small beautiful wild brown trout--on the little #16 version:




















No comments:

Post a Comment