Monday, February 26, 2018

A Long Skinny Fish Saves the Day

Any fish is a good fish.




And in February, it is easy to come home without a single tap. I've had at least 4 days like that this month. I should keep track; then again maybe I shouldn't!

After multiple days with nothing, the Cargo Cult issue starts to creep back into consciousness. Therefore when you finally feel a tug, the mind starts racing and the pulse goes up. "Was that real?"  Did I imagine that? Was it just a snag?

But then when you *see* a fish following, then it gets real. No more Cargo Cult concerns. But your hands start to shake---"don't mess up this cast!"

Haha it is only fishing. But it wouldn't mean anything if we didn't get excited about it.


There was a lot of water in the river, but where I found the pickerel it is always quiet.




No comments:

Post a Comment